Palliative care with the comforts of home.
While Saint Therese strives to support seniors and their families to age well and live a vibrant life, we offer a unique community which provides the opportunity for families to just be present with their loved ones as they journey through serious illness.
At Saint Therese at St. Odilia located in Shoreview, Minnesota, you’ll find an intimate and peaceful palliative care setting. This unique environment is home to individuals with acute or chronic illness who experience enhanced care and quality of life. This unrivaled care is provided by staff that sees their time spent with residents and families as more of a calling than a career; focusing on finding comfort for each individual they serve through symptom management and pain control. For our residents, comfort may also be found in the touch of the hand, through reminiscence of a cherished memory, or simply just being present. They decide how to live each day and we are here to make it happen.
Palliative care is specialized medical care for people with serious illness. Care is focused on providing relief from the symptoms of the illness. The goal is to improve quality of life for the patient and their loved ones.
- Hospice Care
- Palliative Care
- Skilled Nursing
- Senior Rehab
- Pastoral Care
“The staff gave her excellent care from the first day through the last. It could not have been better. Barb loved the entire staff and they returned that love....everyday!”
- Jerry S., Saint Therese at St. Odilia Family Member
“Part of what we do is just listen. We have a unique and amazing team at St. Odilia. Their willingness to help and commitment to what they do is inspiring, and I think it shows in the way they care for our guests"
- Nolay F., Nurse Manager at Saint Therese at St. Odilia
Features and Amenities
- Eight-bedroom home on the St. Odilia Catholic Campus
- Residential setting with controlled access
- Private care suites with a bathroom
- Flat screen TVs with DVD players
- Wireless Internet and working spaces
- Therapeutic whirlpool tub
- Guest room available for family and friends at no charge
- Ample common areas for families to gather
- Onsite chapel
- Daily communion for Catholic residents
- Spiritual care for residents and family members of all faiths
- 24-hour, onsite licensed nursing care