Palliative Care in Shoreview, MN
Palliative care in Shoreview, Minnesota, at Saint Therese at St. Odilia is an intimate senior community that focuses on providing care for a better quality of life. Seniors with advanced chronic illness can experience the kind of compassionate care they deserve.
Palliative care at Saint Therese at St. Odilia offers:
- Private care suites with a bathroom in an eight bedroom home on the St. Odilia Catholic campus
- 24-hour, skilled nursing care
- Residential setting with controlled access
- Daily communion for Catholic residents
- Spiritual care for all residents
- Onsite chapel
- Guest room available for friends and families at no charge
- Therapeutic whirlpool tub
- Common area for families to gather
To learn more about seeking compassionate care for your loved one contact us or schedule a tour.
What is palliative care?
The focus of palliative care is to control the pain and symptoms of a disease while meeting each individual’s physical and emotional needs. Even the environment — colors, sounds and smells —is designed to gently soothe and comfort.
Palliative care vs. hospice care
Similar to hospice, palliative care is provided to improve the quality of life at a time when the individual’s disease may not be responsive to curative treatment. Palliative care does not depend on life expectancy and may be pursued at the same time as curative efforts. Hospice care however is an important Medicare benefit that provides care for terminally ill residents who have only months to live, as diagnosed by their physician.
Although somewhat different, hospice and palliative care at
Saint Therese share the same philosophies:
- Commitment to quality of life
- Treating the whole person, not just the disease
- Commitment to pain and symptom management
- Inclusion of loved ones regarding treatment and care
- Death with dignity